Her Excellency, Dame Pauline Kedem Tallen hails from Shendam Local Government Area of Plateau State, Nigeria. She is a devout Christian and happily married with children. She studied at the University of Jos where she bagged a Bachelor of Science in Sociology in 1982 and later headed to Harvard University USA for a Programme in Strategic Public Sector Negotiations. She also attended John F. N. Kennedy School of Government, among others.
Dame Pauline has enjoyed a fulfilled life and career with a barrage of sterling achievements in various parlances of her interest, including but not limited to education, politics, administration, peace and development. From 1994 to 1996, Dame Pauline served as Commissioner in the Ministry of Social Development, Youth, Sports and Culture, and Commissioner in the Ministry of Healthall in her state of Plateau. In 1996, she was a member of the Plateau state Executive Council, and in 1999, a member of the Presidential Inauguration Committee of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP). Owing to her demonstration of clear and impactful vision that increased her relevance in the national political and development space, Dame Pauline served faithfully as Honourable Minister of State, Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, Federal Republic of Nigeria from 1999 to 2003, and in 2005, she served as Chairman Governing Board, Raw Materials Research and Development (RMRDC). In same year, 2005, she was decorated with the award of National Honors of the Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic (OFR), by His Excellency, President Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR as an official national recognition of her invaluable contribution to national development.
Dame Paulins’s political career continued to soar on wings of tremendous achievements, leading her to very deservingly serve as Deputy Governor of her state of Plateau from 2007 to 2011, after which she became the National Adviser of The National Campaign Women Council APC under the Chairperson of Mrs. Aisha Buhari, as well as Member Board of Trustees of the All Progressive Congress (APC), all in 2015. Dame Pauline is the CHAIRMAN (Governing Board) National Agency for Control of AIDS (NACA), a position she has innovatively and successfully manned from 2017 till date. She is the Proprietress, First Private Nursery/Primary School Shendam, a school she established since 1982 in contribution to the response to the need for quality education. Dame Pauline has served in these positions amidst several other positions and community service works across different fields and works of life in immense contribution to the national and community developments with peculiar passion and excellence
Her Excellency, Dame Pauline Tallen has attended various Seminars and Conferences both at National and International levels in the fields of Education, Health, Politics, Science and Technology and Business Administration, across countries of Britain, Canada, Singapore, Italy, U.S.A., Indonesia, Rome, Pakistan, Iran, Malaysia, France, Ethiopia, South Africa, Israel, Japan, China, South Korea, Mozambique and Egypt. She has been a WorldAmbassadorofPeace, Inter-religious and International Federation for World Peace, since 2000. She has received very many awards and honours in different fields and works of life. Some of these awards are listed below:
- Merit Award by the National body of the National Council of Women Societies Abuja, for Outstanding contribution to the Development of Women in Nigeria – 1996
- Merit Award by the National Association of Plateau State Students Bauchi Federal Polytechnic for contributions towards the development of Education and Health Care in the State – 1996
- National Merit Award Honours in Science and Technology by the Executive Council of the Nigerian Engineering Scientific Forum – 1st July 2002.
- Merit Award in recognition on contributions to the development of womanhood in our great Nation, Nigeria and also in appreciation of her support for the sustenance of NCWS activities nationwide – 14th July 2001
- Plateau State Youth Council Merit Award in recognition of contribution to the growth and development of Youths in Plateau State Nigeria – 8th December 2002.
- Intra-Continental Media Network, ECOWAS DISTINGUISHED CORPORATE AWARD achievers Gold Award for unparalleled and imperishable contributions to the overall development of Nigeria and the Sub-region in both areas of economy and business. Having left an indelible legacy worthy of emulation by all and sundry.
- Award as Ambassador of National Assignment by the National Unity, Peace and Patriotic Ambassadors Foundation (NUPPAF).
- Award by the Nigerian Community in the U.S.A. for her Tremendous contribution towards the development of Science and Technology in Nigeria – May 2002
- NBRRI Award in appreciation and recognition of service rendered towards the growth and development of Science and Technology in general and Nigerian Building and Road Research Institute in particular- 24 March 2004.
- Award of Excellence by the National Association of Zumunta USA Inc. Washington D.C – January 2000.
- Award as Model of Peace – Presented by Maryann Music Word Ministries Jos -2007
- Crime Fighter Award 2006/2007-The People Police Award of The Nigerian Police Force
- Award of Excellence as Pride of Mothers by Catholic Women of Nigeria, Abuja- 23rd August, 2014.
- African Icon of Our Generation Award 2015 (Woman of the Year Award)Presented by International Center for Comparative Leadership for Africans and Blacks in Diaspora and Accolade Communications Limited
- Being the International Human Rights Day. Award of Ambassador of “My Body, My Right” (Cervical Cancer Campaign)
- (NCWS) Nigeria in Collaboration with (1 Ykow Global Foundation) Certificate of Merit National Award of Excellence on Service to Humanity. 22nd November, 2016.
- 20th of January, 2017 by Nigerian Role Models (A Compendium of distinguished Nigeria) Merit Award. The Most Valuable Quintessential Ambassador of the Year Award in our 9th African Leader Par Excellence Award 2016, which was held on the 15th of December, 2016 at Excellence Hotel, Ogba Lagos.
- By Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC) Feb. 2017. Nelson Mendela’s Africa Patriots Award, as African Patriotic Leader.
Some of her hobbies are mobilizing people for self-help projects, especially women, Politics, gardening, meeting people, discussing on rural development, singing, football and volleyball.